Friday, October 21, 2011

Is it Friday already?

This week has gone by so fast.  I can't believe October is almost over. The older I get the faster the time seems to fly by.  It will be the end of December before I know it and I want to be back to goal by that time.  I know I can do it, but if I don't step things up it's not going to happen.  The holidays are tucked in this time frame too.  Last year I lost weight during the holidays and it was before I started back to WW.  I was losing on my own.  This year I have WW and all my internet friends to help me get there.

I made my butternut squash yesterday for dinner.  I just sliced it and put olive oil and Splenda brown sugar on it and baked it.  Some of it got over done and very hard from the sugar.  It was like hard candy.  It really didn't taste much different than when I make sweet potatoes the same way.  I still have the neck and the whole bulb end to cook so I'm going to try them other ways and see if I like it cooked different ways.

I applied for a job at our local grocery store the other day.  It's for a demo person to serve samples to customers while they shop.  This sounds like a fun job.  They also have the position open at another grocery store near me so, I'm thinking about applying there too.  I have not worked outside the home except in my own children's clothing store for 18 years.  I worked in the school system as an early identification aide and  library aide in elementary schools for several years before that and had a job in a seasonal Christmas store for 3 years.  I had my online costumes that have kept me busy until sales fell off a couple years ago.  At one time I would be working day and night getting orders filled in time for Halloween.  Now you can get some really cute costumes in the retail stores for much cheaper than I sell them for.  This year I've made 1 costume and 3 cheerleader skirt and that's it.  I could use a little extra money to help pay my credit cards off.  My hubby is planning on retiring in a couple years and I don't want to have any balances on my cards when that happens.  We can survive on his SS if we don't have extra money going out to those kind of bills.  I don't want to work at a job I hate and these types of jobs sound like they could be fun.

I got on the scale this morning and I weighed 154.5.  This is good!!  Of course here we are, back to the weekend.  I'm going to try my hardest to stay on track all weekend and maybe lose more for my WW on Monday and MAYBE show a loss for this week.  The weather had been very WET and I haven't been out walking since Tuesday and then I didn't walk as far as usual because it was cold and had just rained. Most of the leaves are off the trees and now need to be raked.  I would much rather wait until they have dried out some, so they aren't so heavy to rake.

I finally broke down and turned on the heat last night.  Temps are in the 30's overnight and that is kinda cold, so I caved in and told my hubby I give up and we put the storm windows down and flipped the furnace switch to heat.  The thermostat is set low, but it's on.  I keep the temp down all winter.  I hear a lot of complaining, but I just tell hubby to put on more layers.  The poor dog actually sits in front of of the fake fire stove heater when I turn it on.  He's such a drama king. ;-)  My grandson was fighting the dog for the prime heater spot last night.

I think I'll go to Goodwill today to see if I can find any good deals.  I love to look at their video/DVDs and see if they have any exercise tapes and I look at their diet cookbooks.  They had a WW cookbook on Monday when I stopped in to look.  I didn't have any cash with me and I didn't want to have them run such a small amount on my debit card, so I'll see if they still have it.  I have a few bucks in my wallet today, so I can pay cash for it if I don't find anything else to buy.  So I'm off to have breakfast and then shower, so I can get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment