Monday, December 5, 2011

I must be dreaming

First of all. I got on my scale this morning and was so happy at what I saw.  I couldn't wait to go weigh-in at my WW meeting.  I did my Leslie Sansone 4 mile walk, put on my regular weigh-in clothes, made my smoothie, put on my jacket and shoes and grabbed my purse.  I put my hand in to grab my keys and NO KEYS!!!  Where could they be?  I took everything out of my purse and still NO KEYS!!!  No, this couldn't be happening.  I called my hubby and he said he hadn't seen them.  I cleaned off the dining room table, I cleaned off my desk.  I drank 1/2 of my smoothie.  I was so mad and disappointed.  I really wanted to go to my meeting this week.  First of all to weigh-in since I knew I had done so well and second to hear about the new things with the program.  I just wanted to cry.  As a matter of fact I did get teary eyed.  I went into the living room and picked up the Christmas lights that were on the couch and there were MY KEYS!!!  I have no idea how they got under the lights.  Anyway, by now the meeting had already started, but I decided to go to weigh in anyway.  I got there when the meeting was almost over.  I weighed in and lost 3.2 pounds.  WOO HOO!!!  I have 4.8 more pounds to go to be back to my lifetime weight.  I don't think I will be able to do it by the 20th (my rejoining anniversary), but maybe by the new year which was my first goal I set anyway.

On the job front.  I ended up being on the register all by 15 minutes of my shift yesterday.  That means no one in shoes to put things away, no one to straighten the shoes, and no one to run and get boxes on shoes people need in their size.  I just hope that they don't evaluate me by the way the shoe department looks at the end of my day.  One good thing is I'm getting plenty of experience on the register and I'm not having to ask as many questions.  When I walked back by the shoes at the end of the day, a lady showed me a box of shoes that had someone's old, dirty, disgusting shoes in it.  Looks like that person got a nice new pair of shoes to wear out of the store.  I chalk this up to not having enough supervision in the department.  This Kohl's operates on a very lean employment staff.  It makes me wonder how many other things get walked out of the store without notice?

I have the day off today, so it will be laundry day and getting things in order.  I'm making a rotisserie chicken for dinner tonight and will use leftover chicken in meals later in the week.  I'm thinking a sweet potato with a little Splenda brown sugar, Knorr side dish noodles, and broccoli will make a pretty good meal for tonight.  I've already calculated my points for today and I will still have 10 points left for the day.  If I'm hungry later on this evening I will enjoy some veggies and dip and still be below in points.  I really have to say that I really don't feel that hungry during the day.  My stomach might growl, but as far as a physical hunger I don't really notice it.
 

2 comments: