Monday, January 10, 2011

The mini goals are working

Last week I made a mini week goal to walk on the treadmill 4 days.  I ended up walking all 7 days. YEAH for me.  I continued to watch my portions and drank my water.  It was a good week.  This week I am going to make my mini goal to be to walk 4 days and do some other type of activity for 3 days.  I was planning on doing the celebrity workout on FitTV, but it looks like they took it off the morning programming and put it only in the evening.  I used to enjoy doing them because everyday it was a different style workout.  Now I think I might dig out the old Richard Simmon's tapes and do them 3 days.  It's too hard to do exercise in the evening after I've eaten dinner.

So now for the big news.  Today was my WW weigh-in.  I lost 2 pounds this week.  That's a total of 4.4 since I started back to meetings.  I feel good about that.  My long term goal is to lose 1 pound a week so I'm 1 pound ahead of goal.  I know the longer you go the harder it is to lose the weight so that's why I'm trying to mix up the weekly goals so I don't get too bored doing the same thing and to help trick my body into not knowing what's coming next.

The Pantry Cooking Challenge is going well.  I haven't been to the grocery store yet.  I did get some pistachios that were on sale for a good price, but that's it so far.  I am going to have to go tonight and get some cat food, so I might double check the sales and see if there's any real bargains in the fruits and veggies that I can't live without.   My pantry and freezer are still full so I think I can do this for the whole month.  The last week might be harder, but we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment