Sunday, August 28, 2011

Missed last weeks WW meeting. ;-(

Last Sunday I was very sleepy and my neck hurt.  When I went to bed I had a small lump on my neck just under my ear.  I thought it was just a sinus condition and thought nothing of it.  I took 2 Ny-Quil and went to bed.  When I woke up in the morning, what a surprise.  My ear was double in size.  It was all swollen and my neck was also swollen and red.  I was very dizzy when I stood up and I had the chills.  My husband came home early from work and after looking at me he called the doctor.  She said I should go straight to the ER.  I am not one to even go to the doctor, so this ER thing was something I really didn't want to do, but I went.  They didn't really know what was the cause of my symptoms.  They said it might be from a nasty bug bite or from some kind of allergy.  As far as I know, I have no allergies.  They gave me 2 prescriptions and sent me home.  I had to have a follow up with my doctor which happened on Friday.  She also has no idea what had caused the symptoms.  Earlier in the week, my face also had a large red bump, as big around as a golf ball, on it right in front of my ear.  By the time I went to my doctor appointment my ear was back to normal, except for starting to peel and my neck was only a little swollen.  My face was still a little swollen and a little red.  Much better than the almost purple color that it had been.   Everything that had been swollen is now itching like crazy.  The doctor said she would like to give me a steroid shot.  Today, I feel very tired and I'm freezing again.  I sure hope I don't get up in the morning with last Monday's symptoms again.  I can't miss another WW meeting.

I was so disappoint to not be able to go to my meeting.  Of all meetings, I was looking forward to this one the most.  They were going to discuss Plateau.  The closer I get back to goal I now I'm going to need all the info I can get on this subject.  I sure hope they have extra "Weekly's" at the meeting tomorrow, so I can get a copy.  If my WW friend that always sits by me is there I'm hoping she was there last week and we can talk about what went on at last week's meeting.

I'm really not looking forward to getting on the scale this week.  I have not done anything that even resembles exercise all week.  I've spent a lot of time just laying or sitting around.  Plus don't you gain weight when you are on steroids?  I took 5 days worth, plus the shot and the antibiotics.  I'm not going to stress if I gained (which I'm VERY sure I did).  I will have to just work hard to get the weight back off.  This was not really my fault.  I have not been eating very much, because I'm never really hungry.  I've been drinking my water.  We have had frozen custard a couple times this week though.  I've had mine in a cup to avoid the cost of the extra calories in the cone.

Wish me luck that tomorrow isn't as bad as I think it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment