Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Total loss = 26 pounds

At my meeting this week my weigh in was great.  I lost 2.2 pounds for a total of 26 pounds.  I received my 25 pounds anchor.  This must have been the week for losses.   There were 3 other 25 pounds losers and a guy that lost 100 pounds total.  It's a little disappointing to know that he lost 100 pounds in the same time it took me to lose my 25.  He did have a lot more to lose than I did and he still has a lot to go.  My new total to lose to get to goal is 15.6 pounds.  I want to be at goal by Christmas so I will continue on my journey to hopefully lose my 1-2 pounds a week. Slow and steady is the name of the game.

I've been reading my Fiber 35 Diet book.  I like the idea of getting more fiber in, but you also have to count calories on that diet.  I have a hard enough time counting points.  They do have some good sounding recipes in the book that I might enter into the WW calculator and see how many points they are and go from there.  I'm going to go back and reread my free online copy of The Full Plate Diet and remind myself what they say about counting calories.  Once again you eat a lot of fiber, but I can't remember if they have you also count calories or not.

I went to the farmers market and got some good veggies on Sunday, so we are eating those for dinner.  I had a taco salad yesterday with a fresh out of my garden tomato.  Oh, how I've missed them.  Tonight we will have green beans and corn on the cob.  I'm going to make a grocery run and get some meat to go with them. 

The weather had cooled off this week so I also have to get more walking in.  The weeds in the flower gardens are doing just great.  If only the flowers would do as well.  I guess I should also get some weeding in before they start choking out all the new "real" plants we bought. It's just been so wet this year that the mosquitoes try to eat you alive when you get out there.

I'm off to enjoy a low fat blueberry banana muffin and then a shower.  Off the store to buy some healthy food for me and some junk food for my grandson.  I will make sure I buy stuff I don't like so I won't be tempted to eat his food too.  Then maybe I'll take a walk around the neighborhood with the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment