Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years ago today...

I remember what I was doing when the 1st tower was hit.  I was at my daughters helping get the kids ready for school.  She had the TV on and when I saw the news report I couldn't believe it.  I loaded up my TV and took it to my children's store we owned at the time and watched the 2nd tower get hit.  What a shocking day!!  What I really remember most is that we had just been at that exact spot just 29 days earlier.  My younger daughter LOVES NY city.  She's been there several times before and since 9/11.  Both my daughters and my 2 grandsons (then 6 & 8) had gone to NY for a mini vacation.  Little did we know at the time that this would be the last time we would see the twin towers. 

What is that thing in the sky?  It's a big, round, bright ball!!  What could that be??  Oh yes, I think I remember my friend the sun.  You have finally come back for a visit.  I just turned on the weather channel and they say we are suppose to have scattered thunderstorms today and tonight.  I should get some breakfast and then head out for a walk before that happens.  These days you have to grab the nice times then you can.

My eating yesterday was good.  Actually I really didn't eat enough in points.  I only used 19 points leaving 10.  For breakfast I had the usual Kashi cereal and almond milk.  I added some fresh picked blackberries.  For lunch I had 1 slice of peanut butter toast.  We went out for dinner and I had the soup and salad special.  They had vegetable beef soup.  It's hard to calculate points when you go out to eat.  I might have actually used more points.

My exercise was doing a Richard Simmon's tape.  I did the Sweat and Shout tape.  The most fun part about this is that I tweeted about this to Richard and he tweeted back.  I LOVE Richard.

OK off to eat breakfast and then maybe head out for a walk. If the weather hold out I might even finish pulling the ivy out of the side yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment