Monday, August 1, 2011

It's Been A While

I've been going to WW meetings and I've been doing the program pretty well.  I am at a 23.8 loss.  The last 2 weeks I have had a .4 gain each week.  Birthdays and hot weather have played with me.  I hope to show a loss next Monday.  This weeks meeting topic was snacking.  I am not going to snack unless I'm hungry.  It's not wise to eat when I'm bored or it's just "snack" time.

I've joined a walking challenge.  The goal is to walk 1000 miles over the next year.  The challenge started today.  I did a 4 minute Leslie Sansone tape before weigh in.  It's been so hot and humid it's hard to get out and walk.  I think I'm going to have to start walking on the treadmill if it's too hot to walk outside.  I have to get moving.  I'm gardening and weeding on the weekends.

The vegetable garden is suffering this year.  We had so much rain in the beginning of the growing season and then it turned super hot.  My favorite tomatoes are doing awful.  Something seems to be eating the leaves off the pepper plants even though we have a fence around the garden.  I planted some burpless cukes this year.  Usually the bush cukes have not done well.  This year I've gotten 3 nice size cuke off the plants so far and they are yummy.  I made some macaroni salad with 2 of them last week and tonight I just cut one up for a side dish with the grilled pork loin chop and green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment