Thursday, September 29, 2011

Week's going great

Things here are going great.  The menu has been working out great.  So far we've enjoyed all the new recipes.  The points haven't been that bad either.  It's nice to know each day what I'm going to make and not have to worry about not having what I need to make a recipe.  I've divided the recipes in half so we don't have leftovers.  I still had enough of the chili to have 2 lunches out of it.  I would have liked it without the chicken, but you know my hubby would never go of 2 meatless meals in the same week. ;-)

This morning I put a handful of spinach in my smoothie.  I keep reading that you would never know it was there and after doing it, I agree, except it was a little zombie looking in color.  The green and pink turned a ghoulish shade of green.  It was tasty though.  I used a frozen banana, frozen strawberries, fresh raspberries, WW cherry cheesecake yogurt and the spinach.

On Tuesday I had my Weight loss challenge meeting I was down another pound, making it a 2.5.  I'm happy with that.  This weeks challenge is exercise.  We get 5 points for 30 minutes of any exercise, 1 point for each additional 30 minutes up to an hour, 1 point for cardio, and 2 points for each strength training (3 times a week) for a max total of 54 points for the week.  Yesterday I got up early and as soon as it was light enough to go walking the dog and I went for a 30 minute walk.  In the evening I got out the DVDs and picked Leslie Sansone's strength and toning walk for 40 minutes and I tried out the Zumba for Wii for 20 minutes.  That made my total of  max 9 points for the day.

The scale said 154.5 Tuesday morning, but has been stuck at 155 all the rest of the week.  That's OK, I can live with that for now.  I'm hoping for a loss on Monday though with the good eating and exercising.  My daughter said when she saw me walking away from her on Tuesday night that my butt looked skinny! HA HA HA!! I am far from SKINNY!  I'm working on it though.  We will see if I ever get to where I think I look skinny.  My hubby can see the change too.  He said that he can really see a change recently. I can tell that my boobs are getting smaller.  I can see that in the mirror.

How's everyone else doing this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment